
I Relief Society last week we talked about the statue that was destroyed then rebuilt. All but the hands were able to be put back together and when a sculptor offered to replace the hands the people decided not to have the hands replaced as a reminder that we are his hands. We talked about how we need to be aware of others and the Spirit and follow the promptings that come. I told about Minji telling me her "idea" that Heavenly Father is too busy to help everyone so He has others do the work for Him. We talked about how it's not that He is too busy but that He needs us to serve others. Ashley Dickamor said that she believes that just as parents give their children opportunities to do things that the parent could do themselves so the child can learn, Heavenly Father gives us the opportunity to serve others so we can learn. We are training to be Gods one day. I'm thankful that He provides opportunities to serve others sometimes in ways we don't think we could do. It's so great to realize what we can do with His help. I hope I use well the opportunities to learn so one day I'll be prepared to be a Goddess.
(This picture is a statue of Jesus in a church in Soweto, South Africa. Since public meetings were banned during apartheid, many people met in churches such as this one. During an attack by the police, this statue fell and the hands were detached. Rather than fix the statue, it was left as it was since "we are Christ's hands in the world.")
2 comments:
Wow! Were you able to see this in person? Such a beautiful concept to be reminded of! I am so excited that Minji is having these experiences with your family! She is such a darling girl! Sarah is having such fun spending time with her!
No, I haven't seen it, I just got the picture from the internet because I wanted to have a picture to go with the entry. Minji is such a cute girl. She loves Sarah! I'm so glad she can be her summer teacher!
Post a Comment