Sunday, September 9, 2012

I'm so excited that there is a new temple being build close by! It is in Brigham City, which is about 45 min.'s away and is in the town where my sister Tammy lives. Temples are sacred buildings were worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints go to worship and to make sacred covenants with Heavenly Father (for more information click: https://www.lds.org/church/temples/why-we-build-temples?lang=eng). It is our goal in our family to be together in a dedicated temple one day! As new temples are completed and before they are dedicated, they are open for the public to tour. We were able to go up as a family to walk through and talk to our children about what each room was used for. I LOVED being in such a sacred place with my whole family! AND a fun bonus for me was that Jamison and Ashley, Natalie, and Jase got to go with the mutual before we went and one of the YW leaders had gone before them and learned that since Brigham City is kind of known for their peaches. In fact, right now is their annual Peach Days! To honor that and to personalize the temple to the community, the temple has peach blossoms and has incorporated peach things through out it's decor. I loved walking through and seeing how they were able to do this without detracting from the sacred nature of what the temple is. I love the temple. I love the calm, peaceful feeling I feel when I am in the temple. I am so grateful I am sealed to my sweet husband and our children for eternity!
I sure LOVE these kids!
I'm so in love with this man! I'm such a lucky woman!

No comments: