
Natalie was so psyched to go skiing! She went last year with the Ski Utah 4th grad program The whole 4th grade went and she LOVED it! She couldn't wait to go again. She was going to do the "Turning" Lesson but then decided to go into the beginners with Jamison. She remembered it all pretty quickly.

Emily had never been skiing but she didn't seem to have any reservations about taking a lesson. She did great! The instructor said that he didn't believe that she had never skied before. She was the only one in her class that didn't need the toe clips.

Jamison was way excited too. This was his first time as well. He was a little nervous, but the excitement won over. At one point I looked up and his class was learning to do the side walk up the hill. He was having a hard time to get a grip on the snow. He slid down and bumped into Natalie who then bumped into the girl next to her. I love dominos! They all recovered and he had a blast! He did great!

Ashley was the best in her class too! Ok- so she was the only one! She was so aprehensive about the whole event, but relaxed and did great. After an hour (the lessons were 2 hours), her instructor brought her back down and told me that she learned everything that he was teaching in that class and she was ready to ski on her own. I was very impressed- not only that she learned it, but that she was so willing to go and ski on her own. Jamison joined up with her after a little bit and they did a few runs together.
2 comments:
Did Nats, Jay and Emi not ski with poles? I remember when I frist learned to ski I didn't use any poles and I thought you needed them to ski! When I could finally use them, I couldn't concentrate on my feet while having to use my poles..I need to go skiing more often!
No, none of the kids used poles. I don't know when they start using them. I haven't been back skiing since Jamison and I were just barely engaged and I went with your family. My ski was broken and kept dragging so I kept falling. I hated it! Maybe one day I'll try it again. Maybe we should do a winter sister's trip and you and I can take lessons.
Post a Comment