Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's September already?!?!

I can't believe that we are already 2 weeks into the new school year! Where did summer go? It was a busy, but great summer. I was very blessed in school. I really enjoyed my classes and feel very grateful that I started over the summer instead of waiting and jumping into a full university fall. There are a lot of people in my classes and more in the hall at the building my classes are in. It's kind of intimidating. I'm getting used to it though. I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but I am very thankful that Heavenly Father knows what my future holds. When Ashley was just little I tried to keep going to school and finally quit with the plan to go back when she was in kindergarten. That plan didn't take into account that I'd have more babies and have to wait for them to get into school. It's been 13 years since I dropped out! When I went back up to meet with the councilor at the U about starting again, he asked if I was still in the computer system and if I was there when they did quarters or semesters. I had no clue! He looked me up using my social security number and I was there. Back in 2003 and 2004 I took a couple classes through the life long learning program they offer. I was frustrated with how unorganized I felt and saw a class about organizing my house offered through them. I signed up. I also did a wreath making class- maybe with Jessica?-. As the scriptures say, weak things will become strengths, well, I'm still not as organized as I wish, but because of that weakness leading me to take that class, I was still in the system and my credits had been converted over to semester credits. I found out later too that after 10 years of inactivity the university starts dropping credits. Gratefully because of these classes not only was I in the system but I hadn't lost any of my credits. I had 40.93 credits left. I took 9 over the summer- Human Development (online), Family Studies, and Parent Child Relations. I loved my classes. This semester I'm taking 8 hours- Ethnic Minority Families and Statistics. I actually prefer, at this time, the statistics class. I'm very confused by the Ethnics class. It kind of drives me crazy! I'll keep chuggin' along though and do my best. I will do my best to allow myself to learn and not just shut down in that class!

The kids all started school the same day I did, Aug, 24. I'm glad I had a plan of what to do with my time when they started. It' is weird and a bit of a shock to have Emily in school all day. I'm glad she is growing up, but realizing that I'm getting older too it an interesting thing. For so long I've been a mom. I'm still a mom, but I have time with out children home and I'm glad I have a productive way to spend that time. I sure hope the kids (and I) all have a great year!
Jamison is doing great at work. He is such a good man and everyone sees that. He is very respected. I'm grateful. He just got assigned to an account that another lady has had for about 20 years. They, the customer, felt that it was time for a change. I'm sure Jamison will be great for them!

Yesterday, Sep. 5, Becky's daughter Jessica got baptized. She is so sweet. It was a fun celebration. We were a bit late getting there but we got there in time to see her get baptized. I had a photo shoot for Kris Brey who was the Relief Society president when I was the councilor. I love her! Her daughter and family were in town so she wanted to get a family picture. I went over at 8:00a.m. and we got some great shots! I got home in time to get to the baptism on time but we just didn't get out the door fast enough. When we got to the street we usually turn on, it was closed so we had to find out way around. We were about 10 min's late. I looked into the chapel and couldn't see any family right off and panicked a bit. Then I heard someone call my name, expecting to see my sister I looked over. It was my friend Jessie Mortensen Enright, from high school! Her brother is in Becky's ward and his little boy was getting baptized too. It was fun to see her. I found the family, we saw Jess get baptized and confirmed, then went and ate and visited at Becky's house. It was nice!

After Becky's house, we came home, dropped off the kids and Jamison & I went and bought a new desk for our family room. It looks so nice! I can't wait to get the last piece of it! I want so bad to have a clean and organized home!

It's starting off to be a great month. I have so much to be grateful for! I'll keep you posted on how the ethnics class goes!

No comments: