Friday, September 3, 2010

Following the promptings of the Spirit

I have so many things to update on here. Ashley's birthday, Minji went home, Bullock family fun night at the Peak, school starting, lessons learned... I need to get to it! I'm going to start with a little experience I had today. It's pretty funny!

I realized I didn't get to the temple last month so I am determined to go at least twice this month. The best way to do that is to start early. I went this morning. I had a prayer in my heart that I'd be impressed to know how I could serve others. As I sat in the Celestial room pondering the impression came to call my friend Mary Hansen and offer to babysit for her, she could use that help. I was determined to come home and call as soon as I got home. Guess what! I went to the phone and there was a message- from Mary. Guess what she needed? Yip, a babysitter. BUT not for what I expect it for. They are going out of town and need someone to take care of her dog- Yes, her DOG!

I called Jamison first to make sure it was ok with him. I prep'd him by telling him about the impressions I had at the temple and he was supportive of me offering to babysit. Then I told him about her call. He laughed but given the source of the request (the Spirit) how could he say no! He's a good sport.

We will be baby- I mean, doggy sitting from tomorrow until monday. I love how this testifies so strongly to me that Heavenly Father is so aware of us! He will help us- even with things that others might not see as very important. Not only did He help Mary think to call me (she called several friends I'm sure) but He prepared me to say yes. I love my Heavenly Father and am happy to serve Him!
How can you say no to this face!

No comments: