Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break Day 2











Our goal was to be on the road by 7:00 a.m. We almost made it! Ashley's complaint was that she thought we'd get to sleep in during spring break- she was wrong!!! We were on the road- even after dropping Toby off at my mom's, before 8:00- not too bad!
We made it to Vegas by 2:00. That was too early to check in to the condo. That's ok, we had other plans. We headed to the temple. Ash, Nat, and Jamison took turns changing in the car then went in and did baptisms for the dead. While they were in there the sweet temple workers invited Jase, Emi, and I to go into a little room and watch church videos.
The first video we watched was a short one about the temple and some of the things that happen there. It was beautiful. Then the kids choose the next video, "The Lamb of God." I was hesitant to watch it because I have a hard time watching the scenes about the crucificion, that is just a tender part. Since it was what they wanted to watch I put it in and got it started. There were 3 rows of chairs in the room and 3 of us so the kids thought it would be cool to each sit in our own row. Emi was in front, me in the middle, and Jase in the back. From time to time I'd make comments about what was happening. I wanted them to understand and to know I had a testimony of these things too. As the scene in the Garden of Gethsemany, then the scourging, I could hear Emi really sniffling. She had her hands to her mouth. I asked her if she needed a tissue. She used it well!
During the crucifixion she came and sat by me and snuggled in. Her face was red from crying. As the movie ended and we read John 3:16 Emi was still having tender feelings. The movie ended and I took a min. to testify of the atonement. I told them how grateful I am that Heavenly Father loved us so much that He sent His son to die for us. I'm so grateful that Jesus agreed to it and finished His assignment. I know when He was in the Garden He felt all the sorrows, guilts, and hurt that we will ever feel. Because of that, we never have to feel like no one understands us or that we are alone. He will ALWAYS be there. He will send the comforter to us to give us peace and help us know what to do. I asked Emi how she felt while she was watching the movie. She said, "Happy." I told her she was feeling the Spirit. I told her that the spirit was telling her that what she saw was true.
Jamison and the girls got to us pretty soon after that ended and we went out and took pictures and wandered around the grounds.
They had some neat experiences doing the baptisms too. I'll have one of them write about that! I LOVED being in the temple with my family. I can't wait until we can all go in and do work as a family!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I just love your Temple pictures!