The morning of the reunion I woke up feeling the same way I do on test days-- like I wanted to puke! I got some things done, took Emi to gymnastics then Ash and I went and got pedicures- nothing better to relax a stressed girl! Got done just in time to pick up Emi. We stopped and got lots of treats then went home! We all got packed, Jamison got home from his backpacking trip and showered and we headed up.
The reunion was at The Canyons in Park City. We walked from our hotel to the gondola which took us up to the Red Pine Lodge. It was a beautiful ride! It was a fantastic venue. I got off and saw some people in front of us but didn't recognize them- panic! While standing in line though 2 more couples came up and I recognized both of the girls. We all greeted each other. Was was Janna Remund, her brother and Jamison were good friends- the served their mission together and have been friends ever since. I told Jamison who she was and Janna said, "The Jamison Yardley!? I've heard about you for so long! When I hear your name was Jamison I thought about that name. I'm so glad to have a face to go with the name." It was fun for Jamison to get a little update on Bruce. When we got up to the checkin table, Aimee Auernig, Jessie Mortensen and a couple other friends from high school were sitting there. I said hi to Aimee and she looked at me for a second then said, "Brenda Bullock!!?? You're beautiful! I love you! Your FB pictures don't even do you justice! Your beautiful!" Jessie looked over and said, "Brenda, you better just walk on back her and give hugs all around!" What a great welcome! It sure melted my anxieties. I felt beautiful! I had a great time seeing old friends and being able to say hello to some other classmates, but not having to say anything to some who make me feel uncomfortable. Jamison knew a ton of people too. After we got out seats for dinner (we sat by Raelyn Anderson and her husband, Juliana Goble and her husband, Karina Mortensen and hubby, and Michelle Longman and her husband.) I got up to say hi to another friend. When I got back, Jamison had disappeared. I wondered if he went to the restroom, so I walked over to the stairs. I saw him talking to some guys from my class. When I walked over to him he told me he worked with them at Sizzler. He knew about 5 guys from there. He knew a few other people from other things. Over all I had a great time and am really happy we went!


No comments:
Post a Comment