Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blessings

What a crazy and wonderful week! I've been very blessed and need to get it recorded.
Friday, July 12, was Cub Scout Day camp at Camp Kiesle up by Causey Reservoir. I don't like to drive- I hate it actually! Especially when I don't know where I'm going- which I didn't. Then to have 5 9 year old boys in the car with me~ YIKES! Again I prayed and Jamison prayed hard that I'd be calm and be safe. Laurie Lemmon- my assistant den leader was following behind me in her car with the 3 Wolves that we got placed in charge of (darn Wolf leaders bailed on us!- something about having to go to work or family trips- whatever!) As I drove- even through the construction that had those awful cement barriers on both sides, I was able to mentally feel calm- I could tell my heart was racing and my legs and jaw were tense, but I was ok! The day was great- long- but great. We got home safely and exhausted (at least one of the boys fell asleep). Again, I am grateful that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers and will calm my fears.

I spent monday- wednesday studying and trying to maintain some order in our home. Thursday, July 9, I had a final for my Human Development class. One more class down one more class to go for this summer!!!!! I was pretty stressed about getting ready for the final. I didn't feel as prepared for the test. It's been a fun but crazy few weeks with going to Disneyland, having my cousin, Ron, and his family here (what a great time that was, I'm so happy I got to meet and get to know Hedi, Tahlia, and Dominique), playing with my family (it is summer after all!), checking in on my sister Shauna who broke her leg... you get the idea. With all that going on I was able to finish my reading but didn't feel that I was remember all I needed to know for the test. I prayed and studied, Jamison prayed a lot for me too. One thing we asked for was that I'd be guided to know what I needed to study to prepare for the test. Several times as I was studying I had the impression to pay particular attention to certain points and details. I have learned from past classes that when those promptings come to follow them. By the time I got to the testing center, I was kind of a messed up ball of nerves. The morning had been kind of chaotic with several phone calls and other interruptions. I was a bout in tears. I started the test and gained confidence because I knew the answers. Then I came to one question that was looking for a pretty specific answer, not just a general idea. Gratefully it was one of the areas that I had been prompted to pay attention too. I knew the answer. There were probably at least 10 questions that I was able to answer because I had received promptings to study that information. I am so grateful. It was another reminder that Heavenly Father is so aware of me. He does want to help me- especially when I'm trying hard to do my part. Even with the guidance, I had a bit of a panic attach in the middle of the test. I had to pray hard to get through the test. I did. I finished it! I don't know how I did on the test yet, I probably won't find out until next week or so. I'm sure though that I got at least 10 right! Hopefully I'll get at least 90 right so I can get an A! We'll see. (Update- I found out about a week later that I got 100! YES!!!!)

I also decided this week that I am going to be brave enough to go to my high school 20 year class reunion. I've had some anxiety about that. It's been a long time since I've seen most of those people. It will be fun though to see old friends! Now to figure out what to wear. Ashley and I did go out shopping last night and got some pants for me. Shopping- another thing I hate to do about as bad as driving! But I survived!

Saturday, Ashley, Jamison and Emily were in the Farmington parade- Natalie got to sit this one out. She's been in 2 this year and will preform at the Bountiful Handcart Days celebration in a couple weeks. Ashley is on the Viewmont Colorguard, Jay and Em were with the Flips gymnastics group. It was so fun to see them in the parade! I'll post some pictures in a little bit.- I hope anyway.

No comments: