Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day

Happy Pioneer Day!!!!!
What a fun time we've had!



Thursday the 23, we went to the Bountiful Parade to see Ashley with the color guard. She did fantastic. She's so cute! I'd post pictures of her in it again, but my camera wasn't recognizing the lens so I couldn't take any pictures. Frustrating! This parade was the longest and hottest parade of the summer. It was 3 miles- from 1500 south to 400 north. We haven't been to the Bountiful parade before. It's a crowded parade! We found a spot on someone's lawn. The owner's dad told us we could sit there. I was so grateful- we got shade! Not too long after Ash passed by us, Emi had to go potty really bad. Gratefully we were pretty close to the Maverik so we ran down to it and used their facilities. When we got back we realized that we didn't miss anything. The parade had stopped for some reason. That night on the news we found out that one of the handicap ladies who was walking along with a jeep and other handicap people bent down to pick up a piece of candy she had dropped and the jeep didn't see her and ran her over. She's okay- considering that she got run over. Her leg was broken and she was scratched up. We left a bit early and met Ashley at the Bountiful Park after she was done. We decided to go to Arctic Circle for dinner. Ash was beat!



Since Pioneer Day is a Utah holiday not a federal holiday, Jamison had to go to work. I took the kids over to Grandma and Grandpa Yardley's house to play on the water slides. SO FUN! Aunt Jessica and Uncle Justin and Evie came too. We had a great time. I did get pictures of Ash and Nat but I haven't downloaded them yet. I'll add those later.

We left Grandma's house around 3:15 so that Nat could get ready for her final performance of the summer. She and her studio danced at the Bountiful Park for their Handcart Day's Celebration. The did great! One class's music wasn't working so they had to do it aucapela -how do you spell that word- without music). They were fantastic. I would have totally freaked! But they did really well. Natalie's group did fantastic of course. They all got to do their freestyle dance too.

Following the wonderful entertainment, we went back to Yardley's for dinner. It was YUMMY! We played in the water some more after dinner too. This time just in the little pool. We had ice cream treats for dessert. Evie LOVED it. Grandpa was sharing with her then his was all gone. She was pretty sad- Can you tell which picture shows her little "more porridge please" look? It was pretty heart softening so I had to share with her. She liked it a lot!














No comments: