(picture taken on Emily's walking fieldtrip to the library. I got to go along with them. That is Wyatt with her. They were being silly with their glasses.)Emily came running in the house tuesday night from playing with her friend. She planned on going right back out but it was after 8:00 and it was a school night so I made her stay in. About 9:00 when we were getting ready to say prayers she said, "Oh no! I left my glasses at Kayley's! I have to go get them." I was grumpy about it because she's not supposed to take her glasses off and leave them laying around. To make matters worse she told me she left them outside on her porch steps. I was even more grumpy. She told me that she left them there when she came home because she was going to go back after she was done here but I wouldn't let her. She said she'd go get them but I told her to stay put and I'd go get them. I had the kids read scriptures while I was gone. I marched down to Kayley's and looked where she told me but they weren't there. I looked around the area and couldn't find them. I finally knocked on the door hoping the family saw them and brought them in. (I could still hear them running around in the house so I knew they weren't sleeping) They hadn't seen them. I was mad. I marched back to the house and was welcomed by a teary Emi who was even more upset when I told her they weren't there. I was so upset with her. I hugged her- kind of, but wasn't as loving as I should have been. We knelt down to have family prayers. Natalie said the prayer and in her prayer asked Heavenly Father to help us find Emily's glasses. I was very humbled by that. I was so set on being mad that I forgot to ask Heavenly Father for help. I am grateful that Natalie didn't forget! I hugged Emily and sent her to bed with a reminder for her to ask Heavenly Father for help finding the glasses. She told me she prayed the whole time I was gone but would still ask again. Jamison was gone to his fly fishing class (see his blog) and when he got home he and I went back to Jones's with flash lights and searched and searched. We finally came home but went up the other side of the street just in case another friend carried them away. No luck. Jamison went in and was getting ready for bed (actually, I think he was folding the laundry- he's such a great guy!). I took a few min.'s to clean up. I went into the room that Emi and Jay were sleeping and looked around in there for a min. just in case the glasses were there. They weren't. I kept thinking about how many prayers Heavenly Father has answered and wanted so much for this prayer to be answered. I wanted Emily to have that experience. I walked to Emi's room and looked in. It was a mess. I really didn't think they'd be in there, but I looked a little more anyway. Guess what! Camoflouged in the stuff on her bed where her glasses! I almost didn't recognize them but they stuck out to me so I realized what they were. I was so happy! I ran in and showed them to Jamison then went in to the bathroom where Natalie was drying her hair and showed her. She had a huge smile and said, "Heavenly Father answered my prayers!" I confirmed that he did. She commented that this is the 5th time this year that He has answered her prayers.
A little bit later Emi got up to go potty so I showed her the glasses and let her know that Heavenly Father heard her prayers and helped me know where to look. She was very happy - 1/2 a sleep, but happy!
I'm so grateful for a little girl who remembered to turn to Heavenly Father when we needed help. I'm grateful that Natalie has a strong testimony of prayer. I'm grateful that Emily got to have her prayers answered also so she can develop that testimony as well. I'm so grateful that I followed the prompting to look harder in Emi's room. I know that Heavenly Father does hear and answer prayers - especialy those of little children!
p.s. - I went to the eye doctor's on saturday to get my eyes checked - my glasses will be in next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment