Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pasta Sauce

Last night I wanted to do something kind of quick for dinner and we had some tortellini so I decided to use that. Problem though is that J doesn't like spaghetti sauce so I made a white sauce. I read a recipe on allrecipes.com then adapted it to what I had. I had some zucchini shredded that I added with some onion in the food processor and chopped everything up. I also pressed some garlic into with it. Then saute it in 3 tbs butter for a little bit then simmered until it was almost soft (al dente). I then stirred in 3 tbs flour. Added some evaporated milk (1 can) and some more milk and stirred it until it was as thick as I wanted. I added salt and pepper and some garlic salt/powder until it was flavored enough.

The kids actually liked it! (Jamison and I went out to dinner!) J said that he liked it even without any tortellini- he ate it like soup! I'll have to make it again!

No comments: