
FLYING LESSONS
I thought this was so neat to see, a dad or mom giving their child flying lessons. It was so neat to see the older white headed eagle flying with the younger brown head. To watch how the younger mimicked the older. How the older was teaching the younger. I guess parents always have a responsibility to teach. It is also neat to remember how we can always learn from others- especially those who have more experience than us.
I signed up with a photography club that has field trips from time to time. This was a cold trip but so neat! We went to Farmington Bay, a bird refuge that is not too far from our house. This time of year is great because we get tons of eagles. To make it even more fun, they add some stuff to the water to manage the number of fish so the eagles- and other birds have a free meal! (Did you like my nice way of saying they poison the water to kill of the fish? It apparently doesn't hurt the birds though.) It was amazing to see so many eagles in one place at one time. They were neat to watch. It was too cold and cloudy so they weren't too active. It was so fascinating to watch though. It was a great experience to talk to other photographers about equipment, settings, histograms... It was a fun experience.The picture above is a blue heron (is that right- or is it herring- one is a fish and I'm sure I spelled them both wrong- oh well.)
I loved to get both the seagull and the eagle in this one.


No comments:
Post a Comment