Opps, this is supposed to be at the bottom! Oh well! She looks pretty pathetic doesn't she- poor girl! She's a tough kid though.
In Feb. Emi, Nat and I had to go to the dentist to get some cavities filled. Nat and I just had one each but poor Emi had 3! This is the first time she's had a cavity. She was so brave. I was in the chair waiting for my face to get numb when they brought her in to get her going so I wasn't able to go comfort her. Turns out she didn't need me! She sat so calmly letting them do what they needed. The sad part was that after she was done and we were waiting for Nat to get hers filled, she looked at me and said, "Mom, I never want to have a cavity again." Just then the assistant came in and told us that they filled 2 but didn't do the other one because it was on the other side of her mouth and they didn't want to numb her whole mouth. We'd have to schedual time to go get the other one done. Emi looked at me with pure desparation. My heart broke for her. She was so frustrated. We went March 9, she was more nervouse because she new what was comming, but once again, she was so brave and did great. Dr. Correy and the assistant told her she was their favorite because she was so good!After the tourture I took them to lunch to reward them for being so brave- and because it was lunch time. I'm not sure that was the best idea.
Have you ever tried to drink through a straw when half your face is numb? I have and it didn't go too well. I called upon my experience to teach my children how to drink without spitting it right back out. They are quick learners. They did great eating. I on the other hand had to hold my mouth shut with my hand to try to eat my salad. I think I would get something different next time. Em and Nat were just happy to not have to go back to school yet!
1 comment:
Poor little thing..fillings are the worst! :(
Post a Comment