Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shopping at the outlets Sat. Feb 28, 2009

In our family the general rule is that our girls can get their ears pierced when they turn 12. Natalie wanted to get hers pierced soooooooooo bad. I needed some "reward" to offer her for raising her grades/doing her personal best, having a good attitude, and not missing/trying to miss school so we offered that as the reward. She worked hard and she got a 4 (top score) on her personal best and did raise her grades in most areas. She did well, but still needed a little more time to achieve the rest. She didn't complain about being sick and did really well with having a good attitude about doing homework all through Jan. and most of Feb. She did one day complain about not feeling good and asked me to take her home from school (I was there helping Jamison's teacher). I told her that if I did, she'd have to start all over on her time. She stuck out the day and said she felt better by the end of the day. The week leading up to the Park City weekend, she begged to get her ears pierce. It was driving me crazy! I finally told her that if she asked one more time she'd have to wait even longer! Finally, when we went to Park City, the plan was to let the kids do ski school for 1/2 day, but found out they only had a full day class and it cost $180!!!! We decided to skip that idea and go shopping. None of the kids even minded. We went shopping instead. First stop- Claire's to get Nat's ears done! She was so excited! Look at her excitement! She was scared so she held- squooze- my hand. Ashley took the pictures!
Doesn't she look pretty! These sure are cute earrings. The lady doing the piercing was a very nice lady. She's a nurse but works here too. She was great to work with and taught Nat how to take care of her ears.

We had a fun time shopping. Ash got some cute pants and shirts at Aeropostal, the girls all got shoes at Name Brand Shoes, Emi got some pants at Old Navy and I got a couple shirts there too (No, I didn't try them on. I hate shopping for myself and trying on stuff stresses me out!) Jamison was so tired from our crazy night that he fell asleep at the shoe store. At Aeropostal he was not having fun, then I went to Bath and Body Works and he said he wasn't feeling good. The girls sat outside with him. When we went to Old Navy he and Ash went to the car and rested. He did feel good enough though to come into Mrs. Fields to finish off the day with some cookies. It was so fun to just spend the day together.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Where did Nats get that cute England jacket? I feel so proud! :)

Brenda said...

She looks so cute it it too!