

We have partied like crazy for the last month! It started by celebrating me finishing school!!!!! I am a collage graduate!!!!!!!! (I even am graduating with honors so I get to wear those cool cords!) Then we had Emily's birthday, then Christmas, my birthday, a sibbling party, New Years, Nat's birthday, and just yesterday (Saturday) Emily got baptized! It has been wonderful. The baptism was so sweet! I cried my eyes out! My baby is officially a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!!! Grandpa talked about baptism and Grandpa Yardley talked about the Holy Ghost. He used a peacock feather and rubbed it on Emi's face and said, "did you feel that?" Of course she felt it! Then he just gently touched her cheek with the tip of one of the feather strands and asked again, "did you feel that?" It took a few times of him doing that before she recognized the touch. He realted that to sometimes the Holy Ghost is strong and we feel it just like she felt the feather rubbing against her face but sometimes it is so soft that we really have to pay attention to recognize the feeling. As we continue to recognize it, we will be more familiar with it. We need to be in tune to the Spirit so we will feel it. It was great. Grandpa gave a wonderful talk too! (of course!)
No comments:
Post a Comment