We've had some adventures and have been grateful for the gift of revelation. Jamison was offered an opportunity to work for a company that wants to open an office here in Utah. When they first approached us it sounded really great. It sounded like Jamison would be the office manager and it would be a great opportunity. However, in the last couple weeks some things have changed and it just didn't sound as great. We felt more confussion and uncertain about how good it would be for our family. We went to the temple on Sat. morning and pondered and prayed. We left feeling peace. Still unsure of the next step, but we had peace. Jamison came home and wrote out his thoughts and concerns. In the evening our friend who would have started with us called and expressed the same feelings we have been having. Jamison's dad came and gave him a blessing and that furthered the peace we had felt. We feel we have had our prayers answered and have recieved the revelations we have been looking for.
It was interesting too because yesterday at church we had ward conference. Every meeting was about faith and recieving revelations. It was fun to listen and know that we had followed the correct pattern for recieving revelation.
Our stake pres. told us the "8 P's" for recieving revelation and I thought I'd share them with you.
1. Prayer. Prayer is the gat to access the heavens. But don't just "say prayers" Pray and Plead! (plead is a sub p)
2. Ponder. Pay attention. The Holy Ghost is usually a still small voice so you have to pay attention to be able to recognize it. Make some time and space to ponder so you can recieve the revelation. Create the opportunity for the spirit to be there.
3. Place. You need to have both a physical space- like the temple or a special place in your home where you have go to to be free from distractions for a time and ponder. Also create spiritual/mental/emotional place for the spirit to be able to come in. Be obedient. Don't be rebelious. Be willing to accept the revelation that will come. Also take time during the sacrament to remember why we take the sacrament. Do I act like someone who has taken His name upon myself?
4. Pardon others. Forgive. It's hard to feel the spirit if your heart is full of contention or hurt.
5. Patience. see D&C 98:1-3
6. Persistence.
7. Paper. Be ready to record what comes. Write it down. Many people have said that as they take the time to recognise and write down the revelation they receive the spirit speaks more and is easier to recognize.
8. Peace. Just like the peace we felt as we left the temple saturday, the spirit will send peace. Sometimes the answer we get isn't what we were looking for, but it willl be accompanied with peace so we can know we are doing what Heavenly Father wants us to do and that it will all work out.
It was a great meeting. I'm so grateful for the gift of revelation, and for the priesthood. What a blessing the gospel is!
2 comments:
I love all your posts..thank you for sharing them! I look up to you and Jame, you're both examples to me. I love the "8P's" and will write them down to have! Thanks for the update on your mom. I'm glad she's doing a little better.
I think I should send the 8 p's too Elder Cozzens. Thanks for the inspirational thot for this week's email to him.
Post a Comment