Monday, January 17, 2011

Some times He sends the tutor

Ashley was doing her homework and was freaking out because she couldn't find her calculator. She was in tears and so upset. I finally asked if she had prayed for help. She got kind of grumpy and said, "How is that going to help if I left it at school?" I told her that there is more than one way to answer a prayer and she needed to show some faith. She went and prayed. Soon after, Grandpa Yardley (a master math wiz) showed up to get some stuff they left. I saw him come in and rejoiced! I told him what was happening and he ran home and got his calculator then came back and helped her out. As he was leaving he told me that after they left the lunch he was busy doing other things then just had the thought to come over to pick up the stuff he left. Grandma Yardley said, "Why are you going over now? It's getting close to dinner and you will just bug them." He told her, "I don't know why, I just feel like I need to go." So he came. I told him about Ashley's melt down and how she went and prayed. He was an answer to her prayers. We learned from this that sometimes Heavenly Father sends the direct answers, but sometimes he sends the tutor to teach us how to get the answers ourselves. It was a great feeling to recognize that Heavenly Father is so aware of us and loves us so much!

No comments: