(I just realized I lied down on another picture- these are the first non-buffalo we saw).
There are some signs that say, "no stopping next 1/4 mile" and "slow" on the side of the road just as the road bends. We first thought there was a fresh kill or other animal sitting there (someone told us there was a fresh kill on Sat. so they had signs up and the forest rangers were directing people away from it). There is this eagle's nest just a little ways off the road. Today we could even see the baby. Tonight on the way home just the baby was sticking it's head out and we saw one of the parents across the street next to the river. We wondered if it was hunting.
We are guessing this is the dad. Each morning when we'd pass, he was sitting in this tree just a little bit away from the next- standing guard. What a good daddy.
This was one of the views as we were leaving the park. I love how the sun was illuminating the steam. It was so pretty.

No comments:
Post a Comment