Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We stopped at Fishing Bridge and Ashley and I ran over to see what there was to see. We saw 4 pelecans. They were just swimming around. I didn't go get the others though because we were going to go to another place called West Thumb of the Yellowstone Lake and were told there were several pelecans playing there. We missed the turn though. I was a bit disappointed, but I think it turned out for the best. The kids were plumb tuckered out. We stopped at Old Faithful Lodge for dinner after this and got to see Old Faithful go off again. We had a great view from our dinner table. It was great!

Before we got to dinner we noticed a few cars over at the side of the road looking up at something so we pulled over to find out what it was. If you look closely at the middle of the picture, there is a grizzly bear. We had just seen another one a little down the road. There was a nice guy with a handle bar mustach who let us look through his scope. I couldn't find it with my lense though. He said that they had seen 7 bears today! At one place he said he saw a moma and her cubs playing in the snow. That would have been fun to see too.


This is the Lower Falls as viewed at what is known as the "most beautiful point of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone." This look-out is called "Artist Point". It was unreal! I stood at one point on the trail along the way and asked Jamison how I could possibly capture the majisty of the area. This is amazing. The view from the other direction was fantastic too


Here we are! The kids were absolute troopers! I'm so proud of them. Notice everyone's hats. Ash, Emi, Jase and Jamison got hat and t-shirt combos. Nat bought her hat without the tshirt. They look so stylin!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: