Wednesday, June 18, 2008


This is Lower Falls. It drops 308 ft. and is longer than Niagra Falls. It was very impressive. We coldn't see the bottom here though because of the snow still there.


What a beautiful rainbow the mist from the falls created.


I was amazed at how well Emily did going down-- then up all 328 stairs. I found out on this journey that I have a bit of vertigo. I got to the bottom and the rest of the family was already down there and told me their legs were still shaking- from useing them- mine were shaking from fright! I had to be careful what I looked at. I mostly just kept my eyes on Emi. If I looked down at the stairs, the mesh holes would mix with the stair below and trick my eyes. Going up was so much easier for me. Everyone made it and didn't even complain (out loud anyways).


As we came to this sign I heard a boy who had just finished the climb say, "That Uncle Tom was a jerk! and just imagine- they had to use rope ladders!" I didn't understand what he was saying. I didn't read the sign until after the hike! On the way down a man told us it was 328 steps, I thought he meant footsteps! It was quite the climb! And so worth it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey mom, this is Ashley again, i just wanted to make sure you knew that on the Uncle Tom's View Point with the no conplaints from anyone, i would just like to let you know that, there was much conplaining, just none that you could hear anyway, i guess you were just too far away.... haha!!