
This is the stream leading to Tower Falls. I was playing with the shutter speed- here I used a slower shutter so it made the water smear together so it almost looks like it's covered with snow. Playing with the camera is so much fun!

This is Tower Falls. BREATH TAKING! I got to admit I didn't remember or even know that Yellowstone had so many waterfalls. They are amazingly beautiful. Everything here is so fun to see.

I kept hearing people talk about the bears they have seen and we kept looking, but hadn't seen any. I was starting to feel a little sad. I'll admit that I was kind of praying that we'd see at least one bear- at a safe distance and in a safe place. We were so blessed! We saw 4! This one was on the side of the road- about 10 feet away when we drove pass her. This is actually the third one!

This is the 4th bear- a grizzly! Yes we were a safe distance away- almost too safe. We saw a bunch of cars on the side of the road looking at something so we knew to look. Natalie said, "There's a wolf or a bear or something!" Jamison then saw it and tried to point it out to me. He kept saying, "Over there by the trees!" Hello! We are in Yellowstone-- there a a ton of trees! I was blind and couldn't see it. I almost tossed the camera to him then I saw it! I couldn't zoom in as far as I wished I could, bu I got it! After this Ashley said that there are notices all around saying to tell a park ranger if we see a bear. Just after this we saw a ranger on the side of the road so we pulled over to tell him. I jumped out and ran over to the car (carrying my camera even) and told him that we had seen the bear. He asked where and I couldn't think of how to tell him other than "back there!" I finally said, "I was so excited I didn't even notice where I was! I'll go get my husband to tell you!" Jamison did a lot better job than I did! I seriously was so excited after seeing the first 2 bears that I was floating- this set me over the top-- I had a hard time sitting still! I can't wait to see what we see tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment