As one of my 40x40's I decided to apply for a scholarship. I've never done this before! I didn't know if I would have a chance. I'm doing great in school and have pulled my overall GPA up above 3.5. But I didn't know if they'd look at our income or how little I have left and think I didn't need it. Or maybe I didn't fill it out the way they wanted. I had doubts. I knew I'd be worth the investment because even though I don't plan on going back to work, I am a mom. I volunteer at the school. I volunteer at church. I try to be helpful and I know that the education I am getting can and has helped me do better in each of these areas.
Yesterday I got an email from Jenny Stout, the advisor over Family and Consumer Studies with a letter attached saying that I have been selected to receive the "Departmental Continuing Student Scholarship in the Department of Family and Consumer Studies" This will cover tuition for up to 18 credit hours for 2 semesters!!!!!!!
I am so excited! I feel so good! It makes me happy that I was selected. I've worked hard and it has paid off! I sent an email to my professor who wrote a letter of recommendation to let her know I got it. She told me that she talked to one of the members of the selection committee about a month ago and told him that I deserve it more than anyone else. I'm so grateful for her. I also called and thanked Bishop Bangerter because he wrote a letter for me too.
I am so EXCITED!!!!!
1 comment:
Yahoo! Congratulations-you deserve it!
Post a Comment