Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yummy Dinner!

I made this for dinner tonight. I had a pork roast that I needed to use and found this. I rubbed garlic salt and pepper on the roast then seared it. I cooked it in the crock pot for about 5 hours, shredded it then put it back in the pot with the the (strained) juices. I also added a little more water at this time so it wouldn't get all dried out- I don't know if it needed that. It was so yummy! I served it with new potatoes and salad. Jamison, Ashley and I put it on our salad, the other kids had it separate. They all said that it is a keeper. Ash said that it should be on the menu at least once a month!

Easy Roasted Pork
recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: Denise Jo Garner
Photo By: Lorrie
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 6
"Here is a delicious recipe for a moist, sweet pork loin roast prepared in a handy oven bag."
INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly flour an oven bag.
2.In a small bowl, blend brown sugar, applesauce, and ginger.
3.Place pork roast in the prepared oven bag. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the roast. Seal bag, and cut several small slits in the top.
4.Cook the roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

No comments: