Thursday, October 2, 2008

This will all make more sense if you start down a couple groupings.
I learned something, when you are headed into the waves, the boat has to work harder and the waves are harder. The boat bounces more. It's pretty crazy! But once the boat turned around and we were able to float with the waves, the ride was so much smoother. Not smooth- just smoother and easier to deal with. (I've thought of so many ananolgies on this, I'm too tired right now to right them though) I was able to go up and rejoin Jamison up on top. As I sat there, I looked over and saw that Captain Jeff was driving with his feet! If you look beyond the arm/shoulder you can see his foot on the steering wheel. He used his foot to hold it steady or to turn the wheel for much of the time. It was kind of funny- hey, maybe that's the real reason we were all so sick! ;-)


We ate lunch on the boat, then stopped for a while so anyone who wanted to could go snorkeling. I got a water camera that I'll have to finish up so I can show you what we saw. It wasn't too exciting, but it was cool. We saw some fish and the pretty coral and- best of all- a turtle or two. I'm not sure if it was the same turtle I kept seeing, or a couple of them down there. After we got back on the boat this turtle stuck his head up to check us out. It was pretty cool!

After we finished up the tour, Jamison and I stopped and got some yummy ice cream then came home. After 5 hours of near death waves and trying not to puke- ok, so the being sick part didn't really last that long and the waves reallly weren't THAT bad- but the whole tour was about 5 hours, we were plum tuckered. I walked into our room and fell on the bed. Jamison joined me. We slept for a couple hours. It was nice! What an adventure!


After our nap we went for a walk along the beach- then along the road. On the way back we saw this seal playing around. Here his is just doing the back float. It was pretty cool to see some pretty wild animals. Our scuba instructor yesterday taught us that the ocean is part of the wild. It really is. It was pretty awesome to be a part of it today.

Well, another day has ended and even after the long nap, we are sleepy. Tomorrow we are going to head up on the east side to the north shore then drive back, stopping along the way to see several different spots. I can't wait to see what we will see tomorrow!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love these photos..You have such a good eye!