Yesterday we went to the Smith Family Luau. It was an Al

l you can eat pig cooking in an "imu". An imu is an underground pit. The food was great and we meet some interesting people from Coasta Rica and Canada at our dinner table. After dinner we watched a show of native dances, that included the Philipeans, China, and Japan, because they all helped settle Hawaii. They had a dance to represent each of the countries that origianlly settled into the islands. The most impressive were the fire dances from Samoa- both the women's and the man's (which I didn't post on this section).

Tahiti- I decided that we are all going to move here and I'm going to get a job doing the tahitian hula! It looks so fun! I'm sure I can get my old hips moving like that- I just have to get a great skirt to emphasise the motion.

Japan- Korea had a fan dance too- but they didn't wear japanise clothes

Samoa poi balls. They have 2 in each hand! After this they went into the "volcano" and came out with fire lit poi balls. It was cool. They had to walk out with the held way out so they wouldn't catch their skirts on fire!
2 comments:
I agree. we should move there and learn hola! We'll keep in touch with everyone here through email! haha!
cool dances.
Post a Comment