Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Today we went on a great adventure! We took a tour on this boat, "Lucky Lady" through Kauai Sea Tours to Na pali. This is an area that is not accessable by car. You can only get there by boat or helicopter. We started off at Port Allen, just about 1/2 hour away from our hotel, and set sail heading west. It was breathtakingly beautiful.
Along the way we came upon some hawaiin spinner dolphins. They were soooo cool. This one was demonstrating why they are called "spinners." They'd jump out of the water and do some spinning. Sometimes they'd do it like this- body horizontal- notice his belly is up, some would jump up and spin veritically. They were so fun to watch. It was even cooler than Sea World!
I kind of wonder if they knew we people get such a thrill out of seeing them that they decide to show off and perform for us! Whatever, it sure was enjoyable to watch!
Here are a few of them swimming together. There were several of them swimming around. We also saw some flying fish. Jamison saw them first. He pointed them out to me and I thought I had missed them. I just saw a splash and some "birds" flapping off. It wasn't until we saw the next group of them jump up and flap away. I was amazed at the fact that they do fly- not just jump, and at how far they'd fly. It was so cool!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Unfair!!! see, this is why you bring me!!!

Rachel said...

The water is so blue-how fun to see a dolphin!