Friday, October 3, 2008

Today started off with rainbows, followed by rain. It usually doesn't happen that way in Utah! We saw rainbows everywhere. It was so pretty.

It was raining pretty hard today. Most of the time it has been raining here it has just felt like someone just spraying a mist bottle at us. We get soaking wet, but it doesn't pound on us. Today it pounded more. Good thing we had some rain jackets- it just wish we would have had them with us in the gardens!
Today we took off and drove up to the north side of the island then hit some places of interest on the way back home. At the end of the road was a trail to hike along the Na'pali coast. It was 11 miles. We didn't want to do that- ok- I didn't want to do it. We did go for a while. This is part of the trail. Some people come to Hawaii and go home with red skin, I'm going home with red mud splashed pants. I gotta admit, it wasn't tooooo rough, but it was slippery, I had some bad thoughts! I didn't want to fall again. There was a cliff right off the side on this one, I think if I would have fallen I'd get more than just a dirty bum! ( I spelled it right this time Ash.)
When we got to our turn around point Jamison looked over the side and there was a turtle down (way down) in the water. We saw 2 of those today.
Here is another view of the Napali coast that we saw yesterday. This time nobody around me was puking!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yay! you spelled bum right!


cool turtle! (I think nat will be extremly jealous when i tell her you saw turtles!!


love you!