1. Graduate from college. I'm on schedule to finish next fall! That means by the middle of December I will be done with college!!!!
2. Study the scripture using Preach My Gospel.
3. Go to the temple at least 12 times preferably once a month. Now that I have 2 daughters with limited use temple recommends I want to take them sometimes and do baptisms.
4. Spend time one on one with my children regularly.
5. Be more diligent in helping with their homework.
6. Organize my craft room- HUGE project!
7. Organize the storage room - another HUGE project!
8. Organize the food storage room.
9. Replenish our food storage.
10. Expand/develop photography skills.
11. Show gratitude- write thank you notes.
12. Clean/organize the pantry- I did a lot of this yesterday- just 2 shelves to finish! Then the trick will be to keep it looking good.
13. Organize my room and closet.
14. Help the kids get their rooms cleaned and organized so they can keep it organized.
15. Beautify my home.
16. Be faithful
17. Be a better visiting teacher. Go every month but be a friend- not just a once a monther.
18. Plan and prepare well for scouts.
19. Take time to recognize and follow the promptings of the spirit then take time to record these blessings.
20. Make sure I work and study with my eye single to God and righteousness- like Joseph Smith did.
21. Exercise regularly- at least 156 hours this year- that would be 3 hours a week.
22. Support Jamison in his work, callings, and adventures- like Woodbadge and flyfishing.
23. Study the conference addresses- record things that stand out and thoughts or impressions that come.
24. "School my feelings." See Pres. Monson's Oct. 2009 priesthood address. I don't think I have a bad temper, but it is always good to keep emotions in check.
25. Apply for a scholarship- I'm actually working on 2 applications. I'm almost done with them! I never did this when I was going to school before. (I tuned it in Tuesday Jan. 19!!!!)
26. Don't just think of doing good things- DO THEM! This can be linked to number 19. Also see Pres. Monson's October 09 conference talk "What have you done for someone today?" (I'm doing better at this. It feels good to know I'm doing good!)
27. Cook with each of my children so they can develop that important skill.
28. Bare my testimony in church at least once- I did this!
29. Keep my blog current. Just how often is "current"? I want to keep it up so I can have a record of the year. I'm going to also find out about how to create a book from my blog so I can have something to hold even if I don't have internet access.
30. Finish the Book of Mormon as a family. Don't just rush through it though- take time to explain, explore and testify.
31. Work on Personal Progress with the Nat and Ash. We just found out too that they are introducing a new program and that mom's can do it too!
32. Do Personal Progress.
33. Work on scouts and Faith in God with Jase.
34. Keep in touch with family and friends.
35. Keep working to strengthen my relationship with Jamison. I love him so much!
This is all I have for now. I'm ok with that because as the year goes on I know there will be more things that I will think of. I know that needs will change and as I learn I will recognize more things I need to do.
I'm excited to do this. It's been almost 2 weeks and so far I'm still fired up! I hope to keep the zeal going. To do this I will take time each week (Sunday's) to evaluate how I'm doing on them. I am evaluating and recording some of the things each day- like, did I do something good today, I how long did I exercise today?... Now that I have posted this too I feel more accountable- A LOT more accountable. Wish me luck- and keep encouraging me please!
No comments:
Post a Comment