Sunday, January 3, 2010

Janell's Farewell Party and other exciting stuff! (Dec 27)

This post is explained below. And at one point this was all lined up with the coordinating picture. Some how it got off and I cant figure out how to get it back on! Just use your imagination and picture the words with the right pictures! But here is Mom with "Mini Josh"

Nat and Jamison
Another really cool thing that we did this day was Natalie had her Bishop's interview. She turns 12 and had the interview to advance to Young Women and to get her temple recommend! She is such a beautiful, sweet girl. I love her so much!

Camile and Mini Josh


Becky and Mom- aren't they beautiful!










More Beauties! Janell-or should I say, "Hermana Jensen," Mom, and Shauna.















Hey look- I got in a picture this time! That's not a very common thing! We were all black and white so we had to take a twinner picture!
I am so impressed with my beautiful niece Janell. I loved listening to her give her talk in sacrament meeting. She talked about the Book of Mormon and Elder Holland's talk from conference about the Book of Mormon. She bore such a strong testimony and had so much enthusiasm. She taught- didn't just read or tell a talk. She taught about Lehi's vision. She pointed out that the mist of darkness came over everyone- not just the wicked- but the righteous too. She really stressed the importance of holding on to the iron rod. She also had us imagine being a boat in the water. The storm comes and we are tossed all over and are needing to be rescued. She then taught about the "safe harbor" that the Savior provides for us. We need to stay close to our safe harbor to help us weather our storms. She is so cute! I can't wait to hear about her mission.

After sacrament we went over to Barbra's for lunch. Again, I loved spending time with my family. Good luck Janell! We love you!

After the party we zoomed home and got ready for Natalie to go in for her interview. It was so great to sit in the office with her and hear her account for the things she did to earn her Faith in God. It was amazing too to look at her and realize that she is a Young Woman. My beautiful young woman! I love her so much.

We also got to got to Yardley's to have a birthday dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had a delicious meal with pork, salad, creamed peas, and some stuffing rice stuff that was yummy! Rachel used his cricut to make a little me. It was so cute- she even was wearing a Utah sweatshirt. The table was set cute and everything was so good. I got some fabulous gifts too. I got a great apron that also is a wonderful cuddle blanket- it's a soft fleece and Emily has used it a few nights to comfort her when she is scared. I got some fun school supplies for my creativity and cognition class, gift cards, and a really cute calendar that Jess made. I loved everything.

What a great day!

No comments: