January 2, 2010 Natalie turned 12!!! Happy Birthday Natalie!!! While we were there we saw one of Ashley's friends. She was there with her family- cousins and all to do a bunch of family names that her grandmother had prepared. It was grandma's birthday so this was their way of celebrating. What a great way to celebrate- together as a family in the temple!
We actually started celbrating Natalie's birthday a day early. She needed a new dress and some long sleeved shirts so she and I went shopping. We had a great time looking for clothes and modeling her finds.
She was so silly. She'd pretend to bonk into the clothing racks that were sticking out from the walls. She'd almost really hit the one behind her as she'd pretend to bump into the front one then pull back. We both giggled pretty hard.
She was so silly. She'd pretend to bonk into the clothing racks that were sticking out from the walls. She'd almost really hit the one behind her as she'd pretend to bump into the front one then pull back. We both giggled pretty hard.
She ended up with a brown dress that she wore to the temple. I tried on a black one like it but it was too short. She looked so cute. It was another clue that my little girl was a young woman when we had to go to the "Jr's" department to find her dress. There were some in the girls area but they just didn't fit right- either too big or to small. They didn't have much selection and nothing in her correct size.
She also got this way cute shirt. It says "Daddy's girl" and came with the hat. There were some other shirts that she really liked too but this one won out. She also lucked out because she wanted a watch and I needed a new watch because my bumble's bead watch exploded- beads everywhere! They just happened to be having a "buy one get one 1/2 off" sale on the watches. She got a monkey watch- to see the clock she has to open the monkey's face. It's pretty cool. I got a pretty little silver link thing.
We stopped at the distribution center on the way home from the temple and let her choose a new set of scriptures. She chose green! No surprise- green is her favorite color! While she and Ash were there with Dad I ran over to Sparkling Nails and made an appointment to get manicures. I went back to the distribution center to pick them up then took them home, changed and Nat and I went and got our nails done.
Can you see Nat's beautiful green nails. I told you she liked green! Don't worry, her scriptures aren't this bright but this green looks great on her nails. Look at her ring finger, she got a cute little flower with a little jewel in the middle. I got mine done red with snow flakes on my ring fingers.
Nat was a great sport and let me take some pictures of her. I should have sped up the shutter a bit but still think we got some fun shots. She was rescued by Grandma Bullock who took her shopping. After shopping we went to dinner as a family plus Savannah MacAurther, Nat's friend, at Tony's Burger- I love that place. Then we rushed home and got ready for family to come have cake and ice cream. I made a cake that looked like and ocean/beach scene with turtles and fish in the ocean. She wanted either Tinker Bell or turtles so we decorated the house with tinker bell and the cake with turtles.
Nat, I can't believe how fast you are growing up! It is so fun to see you change and develop, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. I hope this years is amazing for you. I hope you love being in YW and enjoy school. I'm excited to work on Personal Progress with you. It's going to be a fantastic year!I love you Nunu!


No comments:
Post a Comment