Monday, February 15, 2010
Happy President's Day
We had a fun day. I had scouts this morning. I decided to do Achievement 9 and start with a opener of having the boys help prepare a snack for den meeting. I started making some dill dip with Jay's help. Two of my boys showed up early so I had them wash up and start helping too. They were all great helpers. We finished up with the dip just as the others were starting to come so I pulled out cutting boards and knives and celery and green peppers and after reminding them to be safe knife users and to wash up, I had them cut the veggies up. We started the meeting and I had them tell us ways they "saved a village" by being respectful this week. It is so fun to see their brains turning as they try to think of what they did so they can report. We talked about being healthy and read D&C 89. We talked about the do's and don'ts of the Word of Wisdom along with the blessings that come from following this. We talked about why its important to eat healthy things and to exercise our bodies, and our brains and our testimonies so they can be stronger. After that we went and ate our yummy treats and I pulled out different foods and had the boys decide if it was healthy or junk. We also choose which foods would be better than other foods. The boys were so great today. It was fun to be a den leader! I gotta say though that I had 3 boys who earned their treats today and I felt kind of bad giving them candy. One boy who will earn his soon said, "I think that when I get my treat I'm not going to choose one of these candies, I'm going to choose something healthy." We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment