
(This is the picture of the valentine's gift we did for our families is scouts.)
My mommy and daddy finally came home! They got home last Friday! It's about time! We got to go over for dinner Sunday and talk about their trip and our cruise. It was a great night. I'm so happy to have them home!
Monday we went over again to celebrate Tallon's birthday. Becky and her family were there too. My children discovered how gross boys can be. I won't expand here though. Again, I had a great time being at Mom and Dads and visiting with family.
Monday was also scouts. We have been talking about respect this month. The first week we talked about doing what we are asked when we are asked. I told them a story about a boy in Haiti who stayed with his Grandpa. He loved his grandpa and helped him on his wheat field. One day while they were out in the field deciding if it was ready to be harvested the grandpa suddenly told the boy to burn the field. The boy wasn't sure what he said so I asked, "what?" So the grandpa repeated, "Burn the field! Now!" The boy loved and respected his grandpa so much that he immediately set the field on fire. The people in the village saw the fire and came running to help put it out. The whole village was there with their towels and pots of water and anything they could use. Just after they got there a huge tsunami hit the village but because the people were up on the hill helping put out the fire they were all spared. Sometimes we don't understand why we are asked to do something but we need to trust our parents, grandparents, teachers... (Heavenly Father) to only ask us to things that will benefit us and show respect by doing what we are asked without complaining. (of course we need to use wisdom and make sure the person is trust worthy.) Our challenge for the month is to "save a village" by showing respect at home, church, and at school. We followed that by making valentine gifts for our families. I have a picture of the Bountiful temple that I took then kind of antiqued it. I really like so I got 8x8 prints of it and had the boys mod podge it onto a 10x10 board that I had painted black. I made cards that said, "I love you... forever" and had them write a note to their family telling them they loved them. The boys were so cute with them. They were so excited and wanted to give it to their families right away. I didn't let them take them home yet because they were wet.
Last week we talked about respecting out bodies and talked about the Word of Wisdom. I posted about this earlier.
This week I had our denner tell a story about a boy who just wanted to build his model airplane and didn't come when his mother called, wouldn't move his stuff for his sister when she needed him too, and wouldn't help her when she needed it. Finally he realized how important it was to do these things so he set aside his project and helped out. He felt good about being respectful. We talked about using good manners and being polite. (It is a Faith in God requirement.) We also talked about more ways we can show respect for our bodies- by being modest and my using good grooming habits (also Faith in God requirements). It was fun to hear them tell me how they can be modest. They are great boys. Just after talking about respecting out bodies again, I carefully talked to them about some junk food being good in moderation. Then we made cookies! YUMMY! Let's just say that between making a "practice" batch Sunday and the left over cookies from scouts, I didn't respect my body very much. Opps, I need to do better on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment