Saturday, February 13, 2010

Today we got cleaned up then went to see Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. Jamison and Ashley read the book and were SOOOOO excited to see it. Emily was not excited to see it. She wanted to go swimming (Monday's activity- after they get their Valentine's present from us). She's a pretty sensitive kid so she was worried about the scary parts. I don't blame her, I am too. When she was just little Jamison and I were watching a dvd, I think it was Batman and she started crying and crying so I brought her upstairs. She didn't like that his parents got killed in it. She didn't like the mean people. She was so upset by it. I don't really like that stuff either, but as I sat comforting her, the scripture about becoming as little children came to my mind. I realized that her little spirit was so close still to heaven and maybe I would benefit from letting her kind of be my guide on some of these things. As she was freaking out about the movie I told her that if she gets too scared or worried about it I would take her out. There were a couple scary parts- like when they have a run in with Medusa. She and I hugged tight and she hid her head into my armpit. Later another monster was about to attack Percy and his friends and she was scared so we ran out to get more popcorn. As the final scene was coming close she was worried so we went and sat in the hall by the exit door so we could leave if we needed to. She didn't need to leave. It as a good movie. Ashley promised before hand that she wouldn't make comments about how it compared to the book. She did good. She literally covered her mouth a few times to keep quiet, but she did keep quiet. I'm glad we went. I like to build memories with my family. I'm glad that Emily covered when she was worried, but that there weren't many parts to worry about- that is a great thing. I want her to be sensitive to the spirit always so I don't want to expose her to stuff that will lessen that if I can help it. I love my family!

No comments: